This past summer, I wrote a post called That Which Brings Me Joy in which I talked about my hummingbirds and provided a list of things to do which could bring some joy into your life.
My hummingbirds continue to bring me much happiness. I bought a different feeder for them which the wasps that plagued me can’t get into, and I also bought a wasp trap which I’ve baited with a double concentrate of sugar water. The birds are happy, the wasps not so much, but there aren’t as many of them now with the weather cooling off as we head into fall.
I wanted to continue my list of things that might bring happiness into your lives, so here goes. I hope there are no repeats!!
- Write a thank-you note to yourself (on your best stationery, of course).
- Venture outside for a five-minute walk.
- Indulge in a delicious piece of chocolate (or a fresh colourful smoothie).
- Find a piece of jewelry you haven’t worn in a while – feels just like vintage shopping!
- Pick fresh flowers or send yourself a little bouquet of favourite flowers.
- Visit a funny blog, watch a movie, or spend time with someone who makes you laugh.
- Find serenity at a favourite local spot (ex. a park, a lake, a coffee shop, a little nook in your house or office).
- Bake a favourite treat with a family member or friend — or bake alone and surprise someone special with yummy treats.
- Discover an uplifting and fun song – something new.
- Slow down and enjoy a long brunch.
- Try a new fitness class.
- Indulge in watching tv or reading a magazine – guilt free!
- Declare a vacation day – write it BIG on your calendar so you get to anticipate this upcoming personal time (a vacation day can fall on the weekend).
- Do a good deed — help someone else find joy.
- Treat yourself to a favourite cup of coffee or tea – enjoy the flavours and activate your senses.
- Be goofy! Dance around your room to your favorite music.
- Explore the inspirational and joyful blog, Kind Over Matter.
- Get rid of two items in your physical environment that make you feel negative.
- Bite into a piece of fresh fruit.
- Wear a color that makes you feel confident and joyful!
- Write down three things that you are grateful for.
- Call a supportive friend – or reconnect with someone you haven’t spoken to in a while.
- Start a book that you’ve been meaning to read.
- Browse books at your local bookstore.
- Learn something new (ex. a new hobby or craft).
- Write a thoughtful comment on a personal blog you read (comments mean the world to me – hint hint!).
- Create a list of 10 things you love about your significant other – surprise him/her with the list.
- Write a hope note and leave it for someone to find.
- Connect with your fellow tweeters. Send a tweet with a joyful message.
- Create a list of 10 things that make you happy – your own personal “joy” list.
I hope you enjoy this list and make good use of it. If you have other ideas or suggestions, leave them in the comments. Thanks, and remember…
There is always hope