“Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you. But if you turn you attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder.” Henry David Thoreau
On this Inspiration Saturday, I thought I’d share a few ideas that might bring a little joy into your life. Try one, try a few or try them all…the choice is yours!
1. Go for a walk.
2. Look through old album or photo boxes.
3. Enjoy your favorite coffee drink.
4. Read a chapter (or more!) in your book.
5. Stop by a pet store and love on a kitten (or other animal).
6. Take your dog (of friends dog) for a walk.
7. Enjoy your favorite pastry.
8. Hug someone (preferably someone you know).
9. Play your favorite song and sing-a-long.
10. Compliment a stranger.
11. Pick wildflowers
12. Stare at the stars.
13. Take a bike ride.
14. Send snail mail (this makes me super duper happy).
15. Make your favorite meal.
17. Sing your favorite song at the top of your lungs.
18. Watch your favorite show or movie.
19. Call a friend or relative.
20. Make a craft and give to a friend.
21. Take the scenic route.
22. Read through an old journal.
23. Watch re-runs of your favourite show.
24. Take a selfie a day for a week, month or year.
There is always hope